Frequently Asked Questions

At Homemax Accounting, we specialise in helping sole traders and smaller businesses. We understand how most accounting companies cater to bigger businesses and may not be an affordable option for small businesses or individuals who are just starting out. This is why at Homemax Accounting, we have created packages and services tailored specifically for sole traders, freelancers or individual contractors across Australia, especially in the regions of Gold Coast and Brisbane! Homemax Accounting can help you if you are:

  • Needing help on how to setup your business as a sole trader or individual contractor
  • Wondering if you should register for GST
  • Needing help to lodge your BAS or advice on what expenses can be written off in your small business
  • Preparing and ensuring your tax obligations are properly carried out throughout the year

Click here to view our packages.

At Homemax Accounting we take the burden of preparing your company’s accounts off your hands. We have tax return and bookkeeping packages available at a very affordable fee to cover business of different needs. No matter what stage of your business you are in, our accountancy service will be tailored to suit you. We also offer bookkeeping services for small businesses and sole traders looking for less intensive support.

Give us a call today or click here to view our service & packages!

The common myth is that you need to be a big business to have an accountant and bookkeeper. Whether you are starting as a sole trader or small business, an accountant can help your small business with more than just tax returns and save you time and money, which is often more than the accountant’s fee. We can help you compile all your bank statements, complete required legal and compliance documents for your small business and maintain a clean record from the very beginning, saving you time so you can focus on working on growing your business in it. At Homemax Accounting, we use our knowledge of tax and legislation to recommend you ways you can save money, maximise your tax return and free up cash flow.  We do what we do best and help you maximise your return or minimise your payable tax, so you can focus on what you do best!

Give us a call today or click here to view our services & packages!

Starting a new business can be challenging, you’ll need a suitable business structure to carry on your business. It is extremely important from both a personal asset protection and tax planning perspective. Every business is unique, we advise our clients according to their situation.

Give us a call today or click here to view our packages.

Property investment can be rewarding when you purchase the assets under the proper structure. Whether you want to have a stream of rental income or sell them later for a capital gain. Whether you wish to negatively gear your income or wish to access capital tax discount or whether you need to depreciate your assets. At Homemax, we will work with you to choose the best course of action.

Give us a call today or click here to view our packages.

Starting a new business can be challenging, so you’ll need a suitable business structure to carry on your business as it is extremely important from both a  personal asset protection and tax planning perspective. Every business is unique, we advise our clients according to their situation.

Did you purchase your house under your name or through a different business structure, such as a Trust? There are certain laws and regulations governing capital gain such as  discounts and numerous factors that will affect the accessibility regarding CGT discounts. Talk with one of  our professional accountants, we will discuss your options  in detail based on your situation.

Business-related car expenditure is tax deductible but can you ensure that you can rightly claim it as a business expense? At Homemax, we can show you how to record your logbook and ensure compliance with the ATO requirements.

A person on a working holiday visa is not required to pay a Medicare levy. However, it is a requirement that you need to apply for a Medicare levy exemption certificate. At Homemax, we can assist you in obtaining  a certificate of exemption from Services Australia.

In general, if your business has a turnover of more than $75,000.00 per annum, you will need to register for GST. However, in certain industries, such as shared driving service & taxi service, you’re required to register regardless of revenue.

Yes, we do. If you have left Australia permanently, you can withdraw from your superannuation. We help temporary visa holders in reclaiming their superannuation.

As an ASIC-registered agent, we can help you in updating your business information such as changing directors of a company. We ensure that all the changes comply with the Corporation Act and ASIC regulations.

Transferring shares can be tricky, as it might trigger stamp duty for a land rich company. At Homemax, we help you to comply with the Corporation Act, ASIC requirement and States Law. If you need to transfer shares to someone else, feel free to talk to us.

Tax planning is the key to minimising the amount of tax you must pay, whether it is related to your business structure, to do more investments on different asset purchases, or simply just to purchase a private hospital cover. All of our tax preparation is tailored to your specific circumstances; our goal is to minimise your tax liability, while also adhering to Australian tax law.


We know how much time tax and bookkeeping can take up and our goal is to make everything simple for you. Contact us today for a free consultation to see how we can take care of your personal or small business tax and bookkeeping needs!

We are here to make tax and accounting stress-free.

Get a Quote
This website uses cookies and asks your personal data to enhance your browsing experience.